Head of Social Media
Feel like you are capable of anything? Prove it!
In this dynamic, highly visible role we are looking for a social media marketing manager with the passion to build winning content and social media strategies for our clients that will bolster the organization’s brand reputation as well as drive customer engagement, acquisition, retention and cross-selling.
About the Job
As Head of Social you will lead the social media output of the agency, this will include working closely with clients on social media strategy, helping clients understand how social can be part of their marketing mix and how it can sit alongside wider digital campaigns. You will be the go-to within the agency for all things social, working closely with the events and digital team to make sure all work is seamlessly joined, creating high-quality multi-platform campaigns.
There will be a new business element to the role, you will be expected to keep agency/client relations strong and will always be looking for new opportunities to grow accounts and make sure clients are aware of all the agency can provide. As a senior team member, you will be involved in all aspects of agency life, leading and motivating the team, implementing ideas to improve agency output and profitability and making sure the agency is always adapting to fast-moving digital trends.
Candidates will need an agency background, ideally having worked with clients across a wide range of sectors with an understanding of how different tone of voice can work for different clients. Social Media experience at least at Strategist/Planner level is a must, as is a proven track record of delivering successful social media campaigns.
- Managing social media campaign delivery from the very early conceptual stages.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring the impact of Social Media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, selling channels, design and strategy.
- Drive customer engagement through the development and execution of a social media strategy, enhancing existing channels and by making recommendations for new channels.
- Identify key social media influencers and leverage these stakeholders to increase social content activation.
- Developing agency-client relations Identifying opportunities for account growth and new business.
- Pitching to clients Leading the social team and being to focal point for social strategy within the business.
Key Skills and Experience
- Fluent English and Chinese
- Minimum of 3 solid years experience in Social Media Management
- A strong track record creating/planning social strategies and implementation.
- Client handling experience.
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms, their respective participants (Chinese and Western) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
- Ability to grow and develop social media accounts and the teams around them.
- Is a Team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary. ( i.e.: content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management).
Job Conditions & Terms
- Position: Full time
- Job location: Shanghai
- Salary: Depending on experience
- Benefits: Chinese holidays + 10 days of vacation for the 1st year, 15 days after the 1st year
Let’s work together!
We want to hear from you.